The applications are invited for the JRF/SRF position by the Karnatak University, Dharwad for the department of Bio chemistry to work in the CSIR sponsored major collaborative research project with the National centre of Cell science, Pune. The collaborative research project by the CSIR helps the scholars to boost their innovative skills and assist them with their aspiring dreams.
The project details for the fellowships are given below
Title of the Project: Exploring the potential of RBL, a Cytotoxic Lectin from Rhizoctonia Bataticola for ovarian cancer research: molecular signalling involved in RBL mediated Cyto-toxicity in ovarian cancer cells by in vitro and in vivo studies.
JRF position and duration of the project
The positions for the project namely SRF and JRF both require a minimum of 24 months with the project. The project duration may or may not get extended for more than 2 years. These JRF/SRF positions are thus required as long as the project continues.
The fellowship has the following eligibility criteria for both the SRF/JRF positions.
For the position of SRF
1. The SRF fellow is required to M.Sc Biochemistry with a minimum of 55 percentage in aggregate.
2. The fellow should have at least 2 years of research experience or training in protein purification and characterisation.
3. The candidates who have research experience in cell biology techniques are most preferred for the SRF position.
In case, the SRF position/fellowship is not filled, the position for the JRF is considered for the same position.
For the position of JRF
The position of JRF has the following eligibility criteria.
1. The candidates are required to possess M.Sc Biochemistry with a minimum of 55 percentage in aggregate.
2. The fellow should be qualified with NET-JRF/GATE score. The candidate with the valid score will only be eligible for the JRF position.
The CSIR has announced its guidelines and rules for the fellowship amount to be provided for the SRF positions and JRF positions.
The SRF position is given a fellowship amount of Rs.14,000/- to Rs.18,000/- per month along with HRA (House Rent allowance) as per the guidelines followed by the CSIR.
The JRF position is given a fellowship amount of Rs. 12,000/- to 16,000/- per month along with HRA as per the guidelines followed by the CSIR.
How to apply
The applications for the above mentioned positions are to be submitted in the following method.
Applications written on a plain paper with complete Bio-Data of the candidate should be accompanied with copies of certificates, two reference letters and the research papers published.
The application should reach the below address on or before the last date of 18th January, 2014.
Dr. Shashikala R. Inamdar,
Principal Investigator, CSIR Project,
Department of Biochemistry,
Karnatak University, Dharwad-580003