The London Metropolitan University has been set up during the year 1848 with strong educational background and roots. The merging that happened between two universities present in the United Kingdom (UK) namely the London Guildhall University and the University of North London in 2002 has now created the London metropolitan University as you see it today. But the background of the university still lies in the fact that it was the pioneer in establishing the famous Metropolitan Evening classes for the young men studying various evening classes at the University.
The London Metropolitan University has come up with the scholarship by name ‘ Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship’ to the candidates in respect of the father of India ‘Mahatma Gandhi’ and to honour this great spiritual and political leader of the Indian country. The scholarship allows the student from Indian province to study at the university and fulfil their ambitions of achieving their Master’s degree programme.
Number of scholarship
The number of scholarships provided for the scholarship is one. One student is allowed to study at the London Metropolitan University at the Master’s degree level which allows them to cover their entire tuition fee using the scholarship amount.
Two other Indian students will receive 50 percentage waive off or reduction in their tuition fee for the course chosen.
The scholarship is provided to the most promising and outstanding students from India with a very strong educational and academic records. The scholarship holder is also expected to perform and demonstrate excellent leadership skills just as the exemplified Mahatma Gandhi, Father of the nation.
The eligibility criteria for the above scholarship are follows.
1. The candidate must be having at least 80 percentile or above in the class 10th board score.
2. The candidate must be having at least 80 percentile or above in the class 12th board score.
3. Must be holding the unconditional offer of study at the London Metropolitan University to study one of the London Met courses at the Masters level.
4. Must have a first class Bachelors Honours degree from a recognised Indian University.
5. Should have IELTS overall score must be 7.5 and should have a minimum score of 7.0 in all the individual components of the IELTS examination.
6. Must be a citizen of India. An Indian national is only eligible for the above mentioned scholarship.
How to apply for the scholarship
The applicants can apply to the scholarship after downloading it from the official website of the London metropolitan University.
The candidates who are shortlisted will be asked for a group discussion with the selection panel and to present a six minute presentation followed by a Q&A at the Delhi Gandhi Smriti.
Last date for applying to the scholarship
The last date for applying the scholarship towards the September intake is 30th April, 2014.