The PMRD (Prime Minister Rural development) fellowship is introduced by the Ministry of Rural development (MoRD) where the focus involves the development of the rural people and intends to reduce the poverty line and improve the lives of the rural communities. The prime minister rural development fellowship (PMRD) is being implemented for the rural communities along with the state governments.
The two year fellowship will provide the opportunity to the PMRD fellows to work closely with the district magistrates of rural communities in providing avenues to increase the programme delivery and communicating with the marginalised communities/sections to reduce the developmental deficits.
The candidates should satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria to avail the PMRD fellowship scheme.
1. The candidate’s age should be between the age group of 22-27 years. If the candidate belongs to SC/ST, the maximum age limit of the candidate can be 32 years.
2. The candidate should be a minimum of a graduate (four year degree such as Engineering, law, Agriculture, Medicine, Animal Husbandry etc ) or a post graduate from a recognised university/institute (a three year course of graduation plus a two year course of post graduation)
3. The candidate should fulfil all the requirements and criteria to apply for the fellowship.
4. The candidates from outside universities which are recognised by the association of Indian universities are also eligible to apply.
5. The candidate should have at least 50 percentage in the qualifying degree (graduate or post graduate degree). The candidates should convert their grade point averages to percentages after referring to their convertion tables at their college/institution.
6. The candidate’s physical fitness should be required by the Government Medical hospital as the work is of arduous in nature.
The students who have been selected will undergo an orientation programme of three months. There are certain reports given in the official website for the candidates to look at and learn what to expect from them.
The field placements are some of the rural communities in all the four parts of India namely (the northern, southern, Eastern and Central India state of the country)
Around 140 PMRD fellowships have been decided to provide to the candidates for a period of two years.
Key dates to remember
The key dates to remember while applying for the fellowship are given below.
The last date for the submission of the application is December 17, 2013. The last date for the submission of the application in Jammu and Kashmir is December 20, 2013. The All India competency assessment test (AICT) is on December 28th, 2013. The final written test plus Personal Interview is on January 16/17, 2014.
The enquiries and further information can be obtained by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the subject properly along with the description of the problem properly.