The RCC (Regional Cancer Centre), Thiruvananthapuram is inviting the applications for the ‘head and neck surgical oncology fellowship 2014’ from qualified scholars and candidates who have pursued their Medicine (MBBS) or MS from recognised Medical Council of India. The Regional Cancer Centre is an autonomous institution jointly worked together and initiated by the Government of India and Government of Kerala.
The RCC is an internationally acclaimed research centre for cancer treatment and serves the entire population of Kerala and adjoining regions of Tamil Nadu with great care and support.
The criteria of eligibility for the above mentioned fellowship is described below.
1. Be an Indian citizen.
2. Must be an MS from a recognised Medical college in India, which is recognised by the medical council of India
3. Must be an MS from a medical council in India, recognised by appropriate DNB from national Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
Research Fellowship - Basic Academic Qualification
The basic qualification for the above mentioned fellowship is given as follows.
1. Recognised MBBS degree from a recognised medical college in India.
2. A relevant post graduate degree recognised by the Medical council of India or by the appropriate DNB of the Medical Council of India.
3. The relevant post graduation for the above research fellowship are
MS or DNB ENT
MS or DNB in General Surgery
4. The candidates applying for the fellowship must have their MBBS/post graduation registered with the Medical Council of India/ State.
The candidates who are appearing in their final post graduation course can also apply but they will have to submit their PG permanent degree certificate at the time of admission, which if not may lead to non-granting of the admission of the candidate. The age limit for the candidates applying for the fellowship is 35 years as on 30th April, 2014 and is relaxed by 5 years to all SC/ST candidates and for the in-house RCC candidates.
The application process is quite simple for applying for the fellowship. The candidates desirous of applying for the fellowship should download the application from the official website along with the prospectus and submit the application with a application fee (non-refundable) of Rs.1000. (in the form of a demand draft) drawn in favour of Director, Medical college branch, payable at State Bank of Travancore , Medical college branch, Thiruvananthapuram.
Once shortlisted/selected, the candidates will have to pay a caution deposit of RS. 10000 (refundable)
The list of candidates shortlisted after scrutinising the applications and those who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be displayed on the official website of RCC by 7th July, 2014.
The shortlisted candidates will have to take up a screening test and based on that, interview process for the candidates will be conducted.