About the fellowship
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM) is pleased to invite applications from the highly qualified and motivated candidates holding a degree of PhD in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical, and Physical Sciences/Engineering/Technology for the Institute Postdoctoral fellowships which start on August 1st, 2014.
The Institute’s post doctoral fellowship (IPF) is a full-time post doctoral fellowship programme which is contractual for highly qualified young scientists and scholars to carry out research at IISER-TVM. The position though is a contractual position.
Duration of the fellowship
The duration of the fellowship is for two years and can be extendable for up to one year on the basis of performance and satisfactory work done by the candidates on the research they have performed in the chosen field. The fellowship does not guarantee any other commitments or positions with the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), TVM.
The fellowship offers a remuneration of 40,000 per month for the period of first two years and carries an amount of 45,000 per month for the third year with no other benefits and allowances. A contingency grant of 75,000 per year is offered for the post doctoral fellows that can be used for the consumables and attending meetings and workshops.
The Indian institute fellowship is not transferable to any other fellowships present with the institute. It is cannot be held with any other fellowships both national and international fellowships.
The candidate should satisfy the following eligible criteria.
1. The candidate should have a PhD in the fields of Biological, Chemical, Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences/Engineering/Technology and many other related areas as applicable are eligible to apply for the above mentioned fellowship.
2. The candidates who are in the final stages of their PhD thesis are also eligible to apply for the fellowship.
3. The candidates in their final stages of PhD can apply for the fellowship provided they should have submitted their thesis before or at the time of joining the IPF (Institute Postdoctoral fellowship)
4. If the candidate is selected, the candidate must have submitted his/her thesis at the time of joining the IPF.
How to apply
The application must be submitted through the online mode via email to email@example.com before the last date of 31st January, 2014. (on or before 31st January)
The candidates should submit the following electronic copies of the mentioned documents in a portable document format (PDF) along with the application.
1. The curriculum vitae having the complete Bio-data, degrees earned with dates, and the list of publications.
2. The research proposal of about 1500 words including the details of the facilities of IISER-TVM which are to be utilised by the candidate.
3. Three Publications
4. PhD work synopsis.