The UNESCO Madanjeet Singh scholarships are provided for the candidates from the SAARC countries to pursue the sustainable development programme at the College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan in Lobesa, Parakha and Bhutan for about three years from July 2014 to July 2017. The UNESCO Madanjeet Singh centre for South Asia Forestry studies (UMSCSAFS) for the South Asian Students.
The eligibility criteria for the above mentioned scholarship is provided below. The candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria to avail the scholarship.
1. The candidates must have passed class 12th with minimum 55% in English.
2. The candidates should be fluent in English ( in both verbal and written)
3. The candidate has to produce English language proficiency certificate from the competency institutes.
4. The candidate should be under the age of 35 years.
5. The candidate should be submitting the birth certificate along with all the relevant documents.
The study subjects are basically the subjects available for the sustainable development degree program and research level program in Forestry, conservation, environmental research related program.
The scholarship is available for the degree program of sustainable development at college of natural resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan in Lobesia, Bhutan and Punakha from the July 2014 to July 2017.
The scholarship provider is the South Asian Foundation.
Number of awards
The scholarship is meant exclusive for the eight member countries of the SAARC countries (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan and Afghanistan). The scholarship is awarded to each of the candidate from the SAARC member countries. In total, eight scholarship awards are offered by the South Asian Foundation.
Duration of the award
The duration of the scholarship is for the three years.
The value of the scholarship is given below. It covers the following
1. Economy air travel from the scholar’s place to the place of study within SAARC to and fro from Bhutan.
2. Tuition fee.
3. Monthly stipend of 12,000 rupees to cover the personal expenses and logistics.
4. The nominal amount for the books and stationery.
5. In-country Travel within Bhutan as pr the norms of the royal government of Bhutan. (150 Rs. Per day on travel)
How to apply
The applicants have to submit the application forms for the scholarship via post to the SAF office of the respective SAARC office. The following documents are to be accompanied.
1. English Language Proficiency Certificate
2. Class XII Certificate/Transcript/mark sheet
3. A copy of Citizenship ID card and valid passport
4. Security clearance certificate from their respective countries
5. Birth Certificate and Contact e-mail and phone numbers
The applicants should apply on or before the last date of 30th April, 2014.