The scholarship applications are invited under the ‘Swami Vivekananda West Bengal government merit-cum-means scholarship scheme’ scheme to the poor and meritorious students of West Bengal who are desirous of pursuing higher studies. The students of post-madyamik level currently domiciled at West Bengal who wish to pursue their higher education. The students should be currently be studying in one of the educational institutions of this state after passing out in the state board, higher secondary/ council of secondary/ and Madrasah Siksha Parishad or any of the university of West Bengal. The candidate whose annual family income is less than Rs.80,000 are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
This scholarship is being offered to the students of West Bengal for higher education/ diploma/undergraduate programs/post graduate programs in any of the course disciplines at registered universities/colleges.
The scholarship is provided by the ‘Swami Vivekananda west Bengal government merit-cum-means scholarship scheme’.
The students from the west Bengal need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria.
1. The scholarships offered to the higher secondary level require the candidate to secure at least 75% in aggregate in Madhyamika pariksha or its equivalent. The students enrolled to std XI must have passed the qualifying examination and are eligible to apply in 2013.
2. The under-graduate scholarships require the candidates to have 75% which should have two language subjects and three best elective subjects. The students who have passed their HSC examination in the undergraduate programmes.
3. The scholarship requirements for the diploma pursuers require them to have 75% in the qualifying examination.
4. The scholarships for the post graduate programme students require them to have at least 55% in the Honor’s subjects at the gradation level. The students who are pass-outs for the current academic year for the graduation are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship applicable to
The scholarship is applicable to the students of West Bengal.
The value of the each scholarship according to the category it is offered is given below in detail.
1. For scholarships at higher secondary ( Rs.500 per month )
2. For under-graduate course level scholarships ( Rs.750 per month)
3. For scholarships at polytechnic level (diploma) (Rs. 750 per month)
4. For scholarships at post-graduation level ( Rs.1200 to 1400 per month)
The candidates who have applied after filling the application forms completely will only be considered for the selection.
How to apply
The scholarship can be applied online or offline. The details of the application are available on the given link below.
The students should remember that the applications received will be summarily rejected by the university.