About Scholarship details
The applications are invited from the students/scholars for the award of Jawaharlal Nehru memorial Scholarships for doctoral studies for the academic year session of 2014. The scholarships are given to the following candidates.
1. Indian nationals for the study of PhD in India.
2. Other Asian country nationals for PhD study in India.
The areas of specialisation a candidate can apply for the scholarship are given below. Mathematical sciences, studies on Jawaharlal Nehru, Computer sciences, Biological sciences, comparative studies in religion and culture, chemical sciences, physical sciences, sociology, economics, Indian history and civilisation and engineering sciences.
Eligibility Criteria for the JNMF scholarship
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship are given below.
1. The candidate should hold the first class postgraduate degree with a minimum score of 60 marks in aggregate.
2. The candidates should be registered /admitted to the PhD degree with a recognised university/institution in India at the time of applying of the scholarship.
3. The candidates who are not yet registered with the PhD degree are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The annual fees towards the tuition fees and the maintenance fee are provided at the rate of 12,000 per month. The annual contingency fees for the purchase of books, study tours conducted within India, stationery etc is around 15,000 per annum.
Duration of the Scholarship
The duration of the scholarship is 2 years. The scholarship may be extended for sometime more depending on the project but initially it is guaranteed for the two years.
How to apply
The application for the above mentioned scholarship can be downloaded from the link given http://www.jnmf.in/jnmf_scholarship_application_form.pdf
The form downloaded should be enclosed with a demand draft/Postal order of Rs.100 drawn in favour of ‘Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund’ payable at New Delhi. The application should reach the administrative secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murthi House, New Delhi – 110011 during the month of April/May 2014.
To Be Enclosed Documents
The candidates should include/enclose all the necessary documents given below along with the application.
1. The passport size photo to be pasted on the form.
2. The attested copy of the registration letter of PhD from the recognised university.
3. A synopsis or write-up page of not more than 1500 words or about 3 pages.
4. The PhD supervisor should give a report or the university doctoral monitoring committee report to be attached as per the details of the c-8 of the application form.
5. The attested copies of the mark sheets, postgraduate degree, and other educational certificates along with the date of birth certificate.
The further details about the scholarship can be obtained from the official website http://www.jnmf.in