The Imperial college PhD scholarship scheme is offering scholarships for the potential Indian candidates who are desirous of pursuing PhD in Imperial College, London, United Kingdom. If you are a high performing candidate and wish to take up the undergraduate or Master’s degree or PhD level of degree in a world-class institution, then you could consider applying for the Imperial College London which would cover the entire tuition fees towards the course fee and in addition, it also provides the additional benefits such as maintenance allowance, an arrival allowance, one return flight to India. The details about the Imperial scholarship are given below.
The scholarship is eligible for the candidates who satisfy the following criteria.
1. The candidate should have applied to the Imperial College, London through the normal application process or should have gained an admission for either M.S or PhD in the Imperial College, or at the Imperial Business School.
2. The candidate should be in need of financial assistance for the support to continue to pursue their studies.
3. The candidate should have at least 6.5 in IELTS to demonstrate an adequate knowledge of English.
4. The candidate should be willing to return to India after the three years of studies at the Imperial College London.
5. The candidate should demonstrate leadership skills and have intellectual ability and be committed towards engaging themselves in work and contribute towards growth in India.
The priority is given to the students who have not been(studied) to any institution outside India.
The scholarship amount provided for the above mentioned scholarship is given below.
The PhD scholarship at the Imperial College, London provides a scholarship amount which covers the entire tuition fees for the entire duration of the degree. The amount also covers the cost of maintenance allowance, an arrival allowance and one return flight to India.
The maintenance allowance includes the minimum stipend allowance given in a year.
Number of scholarships
The number of scholarships provided for the entry in the Imperial College, 2014 would be given as follows.
One PhD fellowship at the Imperial College, London, full time course
Two funded master’s programmes at the Imperial College, London, which is again a full time course.
How to apply
The application process involves the following methodology.
1. The candidate should apply to the college through proper registry mechanism given in their prospectus and website.
2. Once application is done, the scholarship application form can be downloaded and filled completely.
3. The scholarship form should carry signatures of the head of the institution and the students’ supervisor.
4. The deadline for the application is 14th March, 2014 for the October entry at the Imperial College.