The Cargill global scholars program is a program which provides financial support to the inmates of the scholarship. Not just that, it offers much more than said. It provides the students with leadership development opportunities with the help of seminars, one-on-one mentoring program and networking events. These enrichment activities are designed to help the students with Cargill global leadership potential and critical thinking equipping their tools with becoming global leaders and decision makers.
With the help of this program, Cargill is helping out to build a network of future leaders who can develop new innovations and help to contribute to their own country and communities. It supports many long term projects, engaging the employees for greater opportunities and collaborations.
The program requires highly academic and successful candidates with the fields interested and specialised in Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management.
The scholarship is being provided by the Institute of International Education on behalf of Cargill. The Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, financial, agricultural and industrial products and services. The IIE is one of the most experienced not-for-profit organisations working in the field of scholarship programs and international education.
The Cargill scholar must satisfy the below eligibility criteria to avail the above mentioned scholarship.
1. The candidate must be a citizen of or permanent legal resident of China, India, Brazil, Russia and the United states.
2. The candidate should demonstrate high academic performance.
3. The candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and potential.
4. The candidate should be a first or second year university student.
5. The candidate should attend a partner university in the citizenship country or country of permanent residency.
Cargill gives preference to the students with following
1. The candidate should demonstrate the need of financial support.
2. The candidate should specialise in the fields mentioned in the list by Cargill.
3. The candidate should belong to a disadvantaged group with their host country for seeking help and growth in life.
To know more about the country specific eligibility criteria, the scholar needs to visit the website and get to learn more about it.
Scholarship Open for International students
The citizens who belong to the five participating countries namely India, Brazil, China, Russia and the United States can apply for the scholar’s program.
The benefits vary from country to country.
Some of the key benefits are
1. The annual scholarship of $2500 USD for up to two years to help academic related expenses.
2. The candidate can participate in the fully funded leadership seminar during both first and second year programs.
3. Become part of the Cargill’s alumni of the global leaders.
How to apply
The mode of application is online.
The further information can be obtained from the website Cargill.com.