The Dutch ministry of foreign affairs under the budget of the development of co-operation is pleased to invite applications for the Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) for the developing country applicants. The NFP is awarded to the Master’s degree programmes, PhD programmes and short courses.
The fellowship is intended only for the students who have been selected t pursue a course of study. The course may be an undergraduate, postgraduate or a short term course. PhD degree programmes duration usually tend to be four years and short courses usually tend to be of two weeks to twelve months of duration. The Master’s degree programme is of duration for the twelve months to twenty four months.
An NFP fellowship is intended to supplement the salary that the fellow should continue to receive during the study period. The allowance is a contribution towards the living costs, tuition fees, visas, travel, insurance and thesis research. If applicable, the scholarship holder is expected to cover the difference between the actual costs and the amount of the personal NFP allowances.
The scholarship for the Netherlands fellowship programme is awarded by the Dutch ministry of foreign affairs under the budget for the development co-operation. The scholarship can be taken at Netherlands.
The candidate has to satisfy the fellowship eligibility criteria to avail the above mentioned fellowship.
- The candidate has to be the national and working and living in one of the countries on the NFP country list which is valid till the application time.
- The candidate should be nominated by your employer who pledges to continue paying your salary and guarantees that you will be able to return to the same or an equivalent position.
- The candidate should not be employed by the multinational corporation.
- The candidate should be employed by the NFP PHD study, master’s degree programme, or short course fellowship.
- The candidate should be fully available for the entire period of the fellowship.
- The candidate should be mentally and physically be able to take part in the programme entirely.
The application process involves the candidate directly apply to the Dutch educational institution instead of applying directly applying to the NUFFIC. Only the Dutch institution will provide information about the programmes, selection criteria, application procedures, and deadlines. The outcome and the result of the selection criteria will be made available to the 16 weeks after the fellowship application deadline.
The fellowships are awarded in a very competitive selection to have on board highly motivated professionals with at least three years of work experience who are in a position to newly acquired skills to the organization.