Introduction to the scholarship
The CSIR institute is inviting applications for the award of the Raman research fellowships during the academic year. The Raman research fellowships are granted to the CSIR researchers for carrying out research in many of the emerging trends. The CSIR has announced total two fellowships for the four to twelve months. It is also tenable at the foreign institutions and other R&D centres of excellence at the CSIR costs. These research fellowships are applicable for the students of India. The applications are to be submitted in the mentioned deadline. The fellowships are awarded in the high priority areas of concern of the laboratory/CSIR. The foreign nationals are tenable at the foreign institutions to carry out high priority research to enhance the R&D skills.
The scholarship is provided by the CSIR (The council of Scientific and Industrial Research).
The Raman research fellowships will cover the following.
1. The applicant’s international airfare to and fro by the cheapest economy class.
2. The fellowship at the US $2500 per month
3. US$1000 – lump sum amount for the contingency and preparatory expenses.
4. US$1000 as a supplementary grant for the participation in the conferences and various institutions of excellence in the country of the placement.
The scholarship duration for the research fellowship is for four to twelve months. These scholarships can be taken at India.
The candidate has to satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria for the above mentioned scholarship.
1. The regular scientists of the CSIR with high academic profiles ( Post graduation in Engineering and PhD in Engineering) and research experience with high priority areas of disciplines who have completed minimum 5 years of service in CSIR on the last date of the receipt of the applications.
2. The applicant must have to make commendable contribution to the research/innovation in the research prone area which should be of in the proposed area.
3. The fellowship is not to sought after the training to carry out tests with the facilities in the host institutions.
4. The Raman research fellowship must be sought after to enhance the further skills in research.
5. The applicant should not be 45 years of age.
The candidates have to apply for the RRF fellowships by post.