Introduction to the Scholarship
The centre for science and technology of the non-aligned and their training centres have initiated a research training fellowship for developing country scientists (RTF-DCS). Twenty scientists and researchers will be selected under the RTF-DCS scheme this year to get affiliated with Indian institutions for a period of six months. The applications should have to be sent before the deadline. The research training fellowship is in the study subjects of broad disciplines of Agricultural sciences, biological and medical sciences, chemical sciences, physical sciences and mathematics, earth sciences, engineering sciences, materials, minerals and metallurgy and multi-disciplinary areas. The fellowships are intended to the young scientists for conducting research at the Indian institutions/research R&D centres.
The scholarship is provided by the Department of science and technology, Government of India.
The scholarship covers the following.
The candidate can avail the full financial assistance if h/she is selected for the research fellow.
1. The candidate ca avail the round trip for the international trips by economy/excursion class using the shortest route from the international airport to the host institution international airport.
2. The consolidated amount of Indian rupees 35,000 INR per month (as non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous expenses.
3. One-time grant of INR 15,000 for domestic travel for airport transfers and visiting research institutions who are attending scientific events and field trips within India.
4. The allowance as in (2) and the actual expenditure will be disturbed to the RTF-DCS fellow through the host institution. The host institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the fellow on payment basis.
5. The selected fellow will take an appropriate policy for health insurance coverage period of stay in India.
6. The copy of the selected candidate fellow’s health insurance must be made available to the NAM S&T centre before the departure from the home country.
The fellowship will be for a period of six months with some variations in the duration may be allowed with prior approval of the NAM S&T centre depending on the actual requirement of the research project as mutually agreed the fellow and the host institution.
The candidate has to satisfy the following eligibility criteria.
1. The applicant should possess at least a master’s degree in any natural science subject or an equivalent degree in Engineering and medicine and allied disciplines.
2. The applicant should be working in national R&D or academic institution in his/her home country.
3. The upper age limit for the applicant is 40 years on the last date of submission of application.
4. The researchers of Indian nationality are not eligible for the research fellowship.
The mode of application is to be submitted in the prescribed format in the official website.
The selection is made by the International selection committee based on the quality of the research proposal, applicant’s academic record and available slots.